Marcola Meadows Final Master Plan Modification
Join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/430274541
Dial in using your phone: 1-571-317-3116 or toll-free 1-866-899-4679 and enter Access Code 430-274-541
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/430274541
Springfield Development Code – Section 5.13-133 Final Master Plan Criteria
A. Criteria. The Approval Authority shall grant Final Master Plan approval upon finding that:
1. The Final Master Plan substantially conforms to the provisions of the Preliminary Master Plan approval; and
2. All approval conditions have been met or can be guaranteed to be met.
Springfield Development Code – Section 5.13-135 Final Master Plan Modifications
A proposed Final Master Plan modification, or a proposed modification to a Master Plan approved prior to the effective date of this regulation, shall be processed under the applicable procedures described below:
A. The following modifications to a Final Master Plan shall be processed under Type I procedure. These modifications include a request:
1. By the applicant to modify the Master Plan phasing schedule for a specific phase of development when the proposed change does not affect the construction of scheduled public
2. By the City based on the requirement to implement newly adopted State or Federal regulations; or
3. By the applicant for a one time extension of the approved time limit for up to 3 years. An extension request shall be filed in writing with the Director at least 60 days prior to the
expiration of the initial 7-year period. If the applicant has made reasonable progress, as determined by the Director, in the implementation of the Final Master Plan and public services
and public facilities will be available to serve the site, the time line extension will be granted.
4. By the applicant for modifications that are less than the 10 percent thresholds specified in those specific instances specified in Subsection B., below.
B. The following modifications to the Final Master Plan shall be processed under Type II procedure, unless the Director determines that the proposed modification should be reviewed as a
Type III procedure, based on the proposed size of the Master Plan site; and/or the availability/capacity of public facilities; and/or impacts to adjacent properties including, but not limited
to noise and traffic. These modifications include a request:
1. By the applicant if a proposed permitted non-residential use, for example, a church or a school, affects the approved Final Master Plan residential density;
2. By the applicant for 10 percent or greater increases or decreases in the overall gross floor area of commercial, industrial or public buildings; the number of dwelling units; building
height; and the location or building mass of the primary structure (as defined in this Code);
3. By the applicant for increases or decreases in the amount of approved or required parking by a factor of 10 percent or greater. The applicant shall provide a new parking analysis
related to the proposal;
4. By the applicant for a Zoning Map amendment or Discretionary Use application;
5. By the applicant for proposals that would increase the number of PM peak-hour vehicular trips by 10 percent or greater, except in cases where a trip cap has been imposed on
development of the property. Where such a trip cap is in effect, a modification of the land use decision that imposed the trip cap shall be required. In all cases, the applicant shall
provide a Traffic Impact Analysis supporting the proposal;
6. By the applicant to alter the placement of interior streets by 10 percent or greater from their approved location, as long as the modification maintains the connectivity established by
the approved Final Master Plan.
7. By the City or the applicant when essential public infrastructure cannot be provided;
8. By the applicant to modify the Master Plan phasing schedule for a specific phase of development when the proposed change affects the construction of scheduled public
9. By the applicant for extension of the Final Master Plan time limit beyond the maximum approved time limit of 7 years or the extension permitted in Subsection B.3., above. In no case
shall the extension exceed 15 years from the date of Final Master Plan approval as specified in Subsection 5.13-133C. An extension request shall be filed in writing with the Director at
least 60 days prior to the expiration of the initial 7 year period or any subsequently approved extensions. The time line extension will be granted provided the applicant has made
reasonable progress in the implementation of the Final Master Plan and public services and facilities remain available;
10. By the applicant for a change to the approved Final Master Plan boundary.
C. Proposed Final Master Plan modifications other than those described in Subsections A. and B., above, shall require the submittal of a new Preliminary Master Plan application.
D. The following modifications to the Final Master Plan do not require subsequent land use review and are allowed upon issuance of a building permit, if required:
1. Building interior improvements;
2. Exterior improvements associated with existing buildings that do not involve a change in floor area, subject to all applicable base zone development and design standards and
relevant conditions of approval as approved in the Final Master Plan;
3. Installation of new mechanical or electrical equipment, or modification of existing equipment, subject to all applicable base zone development and design standards and relevant
conditions of approval as approved in the Final Master Plan; and/or
4. Routine maintenance of existing buildings, facilities and landscaping.
E. A Pre-Submittal Meeting application, as specified in Section 5.1-120C., is required prior to the formal submittal of the Final Master Plan modification application.
F. For all Final Master Plan modification applications described in Subsections A and B, above, the applicant shall demonstrate compliance with the following:
1. Any applicable Preliminary Master Plan criteria of approval specified in Section 5.13-125; and
2. Any other applicable standard of this Code that may be required to justify the proposed modification.
G. The Master Plan procedures in Appendix 3 of this Code regarding Master Plan Modifications and/or new Master Plans shall apply to properties within the Glenwood Riverfront Plan
District, Section 3.4-200, until these regulations are updated. (6238)
Your Question has been submitted.