Formal Interpretation of Terms
Join meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/430274541
Dial in using your phone: 1-571-317-3116 or toll-free 1-866-899-4679 and enter Access Code 430-274-541
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/430274541
Springfield Development Code – Section 5.11-125 Interpretation of Terms or Phrases
A. Application Submittal. The request shall include:
1. The particular term or phrase requiring Interpretation; and
2. The applicant’s statement describing what the particular term or phrase means.
B. Criteria. The Director shall interpret a term or phrase, after consultation with the City
Attorney and City staff. The meaning of any term or phrase:
1. Shall be consistent with the purpose and intent of this Code, including any
Chapter or Section to which the term or phrase is related;
2. May be determined by legislative history, including staff reports and public
hearing tapes and minutes; and
3. Shall be consistent with any dictionary of common usage, if criteria 1. and/or 2.,
above cannot be applied.
Your Question has been submitted.